Wednesday, October 30, 2013

OCTOBER 28, 2013 My Birthday

Family and friends,

First of all, thank you so much for your emails and notes for my birthday today! It is just another day here in the mission, but fortunately for me, it is preparation day so I got to receive really nice emails on my 21st! 

This week has been CRAZY! I got transferred to Wilmington which is an area right by the coast of North Carolina. It is beautiful. The ward here is so welcoming and just the most southern gems you will ever meet. They are wonderful. We are living in a members home, but the members are on missions right now so we have the home to ourselves. It is SO NICE! I feel so lucky, especially after living in the Pittsboro apartment. My new companion is Sister Turley, she is great! She is super sarcastic and makes me laugh really hard. I am so glad we get along so well. 

So yes if any of you are wondering, all missionaries in the Raleigh mission use facebook. We are actually required too. President Bernhisel has urged us to try to get on every day for an hour and use it as a proselyting tool. We are still trying to figure out a system that works best for missionary work, but just so you all know! If you can think about ONE person that needs an uplifting message via facebook, message me and tell me their information. Who knows, they might benefit a lot from one message on facebook. 

As of right now, we have one investigator. We have really focused on finding people this week and we have worked REALLY hard. Every single day is is really just a game to find the people that are ready to hear our message. We have tried to use members for referrals as much as we can, but sometimes tracting is the last resort that we have. A few funny stories: 1) We were standing at a glass screen door to a home, while the regular wood door was open. After knocking the woman living there walked to the door with a big smile on her face towards us, so we smiled back. Once she got to the door, she just stood there smiling and shut the regular wood door so we couldn't see inside the house anymore. We thought she was maybe joking... Nope. She just shut the door on us before we even said a word. 2) Another lady came to her door of another house. We asked how she was doing and she said she was great. Then we started explaining who we were and why we were there... then she followed that up with "I am not religious and I am deaf, so I cannot hear you." That statement (which was probably false because she was just previously talking to us) was followed with one big door slam and a laugh between Sister Turley and I. 3) While visiting one of our Less-active members, her dog would not quite bugging me. Not a bad bugging, but a friendly one, so I didn't mind. As we were leaving I bent down to pet the little doggy and SHE BIT ME!!! I wanted to cry so badly, but I brushed it off until we got back into our car. It is currently swollen and a blood bruise looking thumb, but I will be okay. 

Every member's home that we eat at we remind them of Elder Ballard's talk from general conference. He invited everyone to invite/reach out/ share the gospel with just ONE person by Christmas. In doing so, we have the potential to change 14 million lives all around the world. I will encourage all of you reading this to commit to praying everyday and asking for missionary opportunities to share the gospel and bring others closer to Christ. "Sharing the gospel is not a burden, it is a privilege!" 

I wish I had more time to write, but my time is running out. Lastly though, I want to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my best friend and cutest little brother in the world, Austin. Hope you have a fabulous birthday being a zombie and trick-or-treating! Love you buddy!

Thanks again for your support and your prayers.. I need them, and feel them everyday. Have a good week this week, and remember to always look for ways to share the gospel. Love y'all

Ha det bra,
Sister Frampton 









No comments:

Post a Comment