Saturday, October 12, 2013


Hei hei alle!

 I have made it! This is my final week of MTC food, no girl companions, and the land of the free. I have received my travel plans, but will not receive news about my visa until this Friday. PLEASE keep my visa in your prayers. Let's hope everyone has done their job thus far so I can get to where I am going on time! If all goes as planned, I fly Monday morning from SLC to Dallas, to London and then to OSLO! 

So last week I was able to be a host missionary! It was so much fun. The first missionary I hosted was Sister Jeong. She is from Korea, going to Korea but had to fly here to get missionary training for just 10 days! Crazy, huh? She speaks about 5 words of English but we communicated mostly through sign language we made up. We run to greet each other every time we see one another. We even took a picture together, peace signs and all. The second girl I hosted is one of my friends from BYU I forgot that she came into the MTC that day and it was complete chance that I got to host her! Cute Gretta Lybert is going to Portugual, it was so much fun catching up with her. The last girl I hosted was not so fond of the whole MTC idea. The second her mom got out of the car she said to me, "I got a missionary here who is about to throw up. Good luck!" Sister Young is going to Houston, TX! I was able to talk to her about Texas a little and hopefully calm her nerves. Mom and Dad, you both know how I played bellboy when I was a child... I got to take sisters' bags and show them to their rooms all over again. It was a dream come true. I CANNOT WAIT to host my cute cousin Alisha, who is going to Little Rock, this week.

Saturday was a special day here at the MTC. As I am sure you can imagine, 99% of missionaries here are BYU fans so that is all people were talking about that day. Picture me in my group of 12 eighteen year-old Nords talking stats and lineups and football history THE WHOLE DAY. It was awesome for the first 5 hours and then it kind of got old. At night everyone sat outside and just listened to the cheers from the stadium. Some missionaries claimed that they could hear the announcer, but there was no way. The night became especially exciting when elders were trying to climb trees to see the jumbo-trons. Anyway, I was able to figure out the outcome of the game the first 3 minutes of my leadership meeting with my branch president on Sunday. He was not in the bet of moods. haha! 

I cannot tell you how excited I am for the relief society broadcast this Saturday! I actually get to sit in the choir seats and sing for the whole world!!!! Not to mention, leave Provo for a couple of hours and enjoy my favorite city! We have had choir practice EVERY morning for the past week and will continue to do so until the performance. Be sure to write me and tell me how it sounds, ok? The only down side of the whole thing is that the 70 year old mtc relief society presidency is in charge of our outfits. Oh dear, is all I can say. The second one of them said, "jewel tones" I just put my head in my hands. Couldn't we all get sweaters from j.crew or something??? haha! When you see me on the big screen in my red button-up collared shirt just know that if I was in charge, things would be different. 

I have one final "MTC secret" for ya'll. This week I am going to explain a little something called, uncooked chicken. Ever since I was dropped off here my protein intake has been cut drastically. I do not trust mass produced meat so I just choose not to partake. One day last week I decided to make a salad and add some boneless chicken wings that they were serving. It was quite yummy and I was proud of myself for going out on a limb with the meat. It wasn't until someone in the cafeteria yelled, "DON'T EAT THE CHICKEN" that I realized it was definitely uncooked. I will save you the awful details of my next half hour, but everyone was so disgusted and lost their appetites SO FAST. Don't worry, no one got sick and no one died. I am still alive, but very looking forward to my cafe rio salad that is waiting for me at the SLC airport.

Other than my MTC secrets, I really have loved it here. My teachers are amazing as well as all the elders. Besides the fact that they are going to Sweden, I absolutely love the girls that I am bunked up, also. I have learned so much about the gospel and so much Norwegian. I feel so blessed that I have been here for the last 6 weeks and it will be a little sad to leave. I am nervous to be the new missionary again over in Norge, but I know that is where I am supposed to be. I am SO fired up and motivated to share the gospel with as many people as I can. Everyone deserves to know the truth and to have the joy that we all have. 

I was reading in D&C 31 this week and realized that that section can be applied to my mission so easily! v. 3 "Lift up you heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed , and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation." v. 13 "Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you."  I love the work that I am doing and cannot wait for my  very cold, but amazing adventure on the other side of the world. 

Thank you so much for the love and the prayers. I love all of you so much and am so grateful to have you in my life. Good luck to my beast of a dad who is running his 31st marathon in 10 days! Kill it! 

xox,

Sister Frampton 


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment