Monday, January 6, 2014

Dreaming Of A White Christmas


Kjære alle,
GOD JUL!!!! MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you all have a wonderful week filled with family, love, joy, and warmth!
I am so sick of eating! The members here have been SO kind to have all the missionaries over everyday, but they just stuff us! So. Much. Meat. But, it has all been out of the goodness of their hearts, and I really am so grateful everyone is making us feel so welcome. One of the members here told me, "its not about what you eat between Thanksgiving and New Year, its about what you eat between New Year and Thanksgiving!" haha! The members all gave us so many Christmas gifts at church yesterday, we looked like Santa on our way home. I love them all so much!
Well, I made it through the darkest day of the year! The sun rose about 10am and went down a little bit after 2pm. It was crazy! Luckily, the weather has been like autumn here so the skies have been beautiful! It is one of the warmest winters recorded here in Oslo. I can't believe that though because it is still so cold! We are hoping for snow on Christmas! It brightens everything up, and who doesn't want snow for Christmas?
This week was a very exciting one! We got three new investigators! All three of them are referrals from members, and they really just fell from heaven. Two of them are learning Norwegian/English from Søster Pyne and I, and also learning the gospel. Then the other one is just very curious about the Book of Mormon! The first lesson we taught, all he wanted to do was quiz us on the Bible. After we passed that quiz, he was willing to listen to us! After hearing the Restoration, he was full of questions and just so excited to learn all he could! He also invited Søster Pyne and I to go Samba dancing with him............ We explained the mission rules, and he made us promise that we would go dancing with him after our mission is over. haha! We are meeting with all three of them this week to continue to teach, and we are very excited!
We are going to a cute member family's house tomorrow for Christmas Eve celebrations. We are both really excited, because Santa is coming! Christmas is going to be great as well. I can't wait to see my family!!!!!!!!
Wish I had more time to write all of the amazing things that I see everyday. Hope you all have a fabulous week. Love you all!
GOD JUL!
Søster Frampton




No comments:

Post a Comment