Monday, January 6, 2014

CHRISTMAS MIRACLES



kjære alle sammen,
Hi everyone!!! First thing is first, I gave my first talk in Norwegian at church on Sunday. Scariest thing I have ever done in my life, but I did it! And people actually understood what I was saying! I sat down afterward and just thought to myself "did I really just say that whole thing in a different language?" The gift of tongues is REAL! I am not learning/speaking Norwegian without the help of God.
Before sacrament meeting started, a young man walked in the church building that I have never seen before. He looked a little lost and I just happened to be in the foyer! Well his name is Magnus and he had ordered a free book of mormon on the internet a year ago, just out of curiousity. When missionaries delivered to him, he just wanted to read it and find out things on his own, so they left him be. Well Sunday, Magnus just decided to come to church for his first time. I snagged him and got to know him a little bit, then after church we taught him a really cool lesson. Magnus had read some of the Book of Mormon so he had so many really deep doctrinal questions! He said his first prayer with us and the spirit was so strong! We are planning on keeping in touch and then meeting with him after he gets back from Christmas break. We are seeing miracles! Our other investigators have tentatively set baptismal dates for January 18 and 25!!!!!!
Today for preparation day, we went to the Freia Chocolate Factory! (that is why we switched it to Monday) I felt like Charlie in Willy Wonka!!! It was magical. There was no oompa-loompas or chocolate river (unfortunately) but we were taught the history of chocolate, shown the production of all products, tasted way too many samples, designed OUR OWN chocolate bar, were taught the marketing strategies and all that jazz! It was so much fun. Friea was created by Johan Throne Holst in 1892, and he named the company Friea because that is his wife's name! Norwegian chocolate is to die for.
I have been studying the general conference talks and seriously love them! Octobers conference was so amazing. We are very lucky to be able to read words from our prophets so easily. One of my favorites I read this week was from Elder Soares "Be Meek and Lowly of Heart." He said, "Being meek doesn not mean weakness, but it does mean behaving with goodness and kindness, showing strength, serenity, health, self-worth, and self-control.... Christ faced extreme physical and spiritual suffering, giving us the opportunity to change our spiritual character and become meek like Him." I have really been trying to adopt this characteristic, as it is one I struggle with. I know that as we all resolve to become more Christ-like, however it may be, we will see Christmas through different eyes. As we focus on Christ this season, we can all give gifts of more eternal worth as well as the material ones! I have loved this time of year in Noway and am trying to soak in every Norwegian tradition that I can!
Really quick, I just want to tell my cousins and sister on a mission how grateful I am for them! Lacee, Alisha, Parker and Kevin. Love you all so much, and so glad to be doing this work along side of you! The work really is working!!!
That is all I have got for now! Cannot wait to see my family on Christmas! That is the best present I could ask for! Happy birthday Lacee on Monday!!!
Love you all,
Søster Frampton







No comments:

Post a Comment