Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week of Thanksgiving!


Helllllllo everyone!
Oh my goodness, I am just smiling ear to ear right now. I had a fantastic week here in Norway. I hardly ever get to feel the sun on my face and I am always freezing cold, but there is no where else I would rather be! We had a baptism on Satuday, and it was incredible! Adrian is his name, and he got baptized on his 17th birthday! Such a cool kid. Like I said last week, he doesnt talk so he only writes on paper to us. His face when he came out of the water was like something I have never seen before. It was just amazing!
This week we have another baptism! We have been teaching these Swedish twins, Emma and Sandra, that I mentioned last week. They have been sifted through a lot of different missionaries, so Sister Pyne and I were really happy to finally be the ones teaching them. They are 21 years old, hilarious and just so ready to be baptized. I am so excited for them!!! They will be friends for life, and definitely kingdom builders too.
A few days ago I had my first dinner at a Norwegian members home! It was a REAL Norwegian meal, fish with the skin on it, potatoes, cucumbers and tomatoes, and chocolate pudding for dessert. I dont know if I am ever coming home! And I do not know how my tastebuds finally changed to LOVE fish. I have had chicken and red meat ONCE since I have been here. mmmmm fish.
Norwegian people are very, very interesting people. I am learning more and more about their culture and how they are the way they are. Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love them, but it is really hard for me to understand how they think. When Sister Pyne and I are contacting on the street, people are so surprised we came to Norway to talk about religion. When we ask them if they are interested, most of them say they believe in logic. It is so interesting to me! We actually pulled a young man into our YSA center and taught him the basics about God. He didnt understand how we were so certain that we had a father in Heaven that loved us. He was blown away! He said how can you know for sure? We kept explaining over and over that it was through the Holy Ghost and through personal experiences. He could not understand that, and was persitent in giving us a biology lesson on what chemical produces spiritual feelings in our bodies. We ended up praying with him and we actually have another lesson on Wednesday with him! I just wish everyone here would tap into their FEELINGS instead of their own logic. Keep praying for us.
I have been trying to read the 4 gospels before Christmas, and have learned so much about the savior. Wow! What an amazing man he was on this earth. He helped EVERYONE that he saw, and invites everyone to come unto Him. <Come unto me, all ye that labor & are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.... For my yoke is easy, & my burden is light.> He wants everyone to learn of Him, but we must first take his name upon us and actually strive to become like him and then WE WILL FIND REST!
Well I just want to finish off by telling everyone how grateful I feel right now! This week is a special one to express how and why you are thankful! I have been SO incredibly blessed in my life, and I am overwhelmed with gratefulness for the love that I feel. I know that this is the place where I am supposed to be and the people that I am supposed to be talking to. THANK YOU for your love, support and prayers as I continue to serve here in Norway!!!! Have a fabulous week!
Love always,

OSLO 3 MONTHS
Adrian's Baptism
Sister Pyne's Birthday lunch
Sister Pitts
I Love the Streets In Norway!

No comments:

Post a Comment