Monday, December 9, 2013

Let it snow!


Kjære familie og venner,
Hi! There is finally snow in Oslo and I could not be happier! The snow makes everything brighter and it tricks my body into thinking that there is actually sun. I have this new energy because of it and it is fabulous! Not only that, but I cannot describe to you the beautiful christmas-decorated city now with snow on top. People have started to wear their perfectly knit Norwegian Christmas sweaters, and we are already singing Christmas hymns in Church, Jul (christmas) is a big deal here. It makes everything happier for everyone!
Our investigator David is doing SO GREAT! I talked a little bit about him last week, but we have met three times since. He schedules appointments because he just wants to keep learning! This week we taught him about the plan of salvation and he loved learning that he could see his father again, who passed away 15 years ago. Well David contacted us a few days later and told us that he had an amazing dream! He said that his dad visited him in and told him that the path he was taking was the right one, and to learn all that he could! HELLO MIRACLE!!!!!!! Søster Pyne and I were in tears. That stuff does not just happen! We are so excited to continue teaching him.
Last night all of the missionaries went to Jul i toner (a Christmas concert) in Romerike. The music was absolutely beautiful. Norwegians know how to entertain audiences. The hosts were in their traditional Norwegian dresses (bonads) and they were handing out boller in Christmas decorated baskets. It was wonderful and even more Christmas spirit to enjoy! Well after the show, I was in the coat room and an American couple started talking to me. I thought they were missionaries in Norway but they are actually serving in the area office in Frankfurt. I asked where they were from and they said Holladay, Utah! No way! I said I am from Holladay as well. Well, the world just kept getting smaller and come to find out they are going to be our NEIGHBORS!!! They bought the closest lot to our house in the horse pastor and are starting to build next month when they go home! There names are the Cravens. Such a small world, but such a fun connection!
I have been overwhelmed with gratitude this week as I have thought about how lucky I am to be here. I never thought I could miss people so much at home, but it wasnt until now that I care for other peoples lives more than my own. I have never stepped this far out of my comfort zone or been rejected so much. I have never realized others potential or loved people before I even know their name. I have never been on my knees so much or never felt Gods love like I do here. I have never worn so many layers of clothing but been so cold. I have never studied so much in my life or have I been able to relate the scriptures to myself as I do now. I have never listened to so many people talk without knowing what they are saying, but I have never felt like I have the gift of tongues like I do now. I have never gone to bed so exhausted or waken up so tired in my life. I have never missed the sun so much, but I have never loved the moon more. I have never seen such beautiful people with such broken hearts. I have never relied on the Lord so much, but I have never felt His love like I do now. I have never sacraficed so much, but at the same time I have NEVER felt more blessed than I do right now.
Missions are amazing things and there is nothing in the world that could make me feel all of these emotions and blessings. I am going to be here for a short time in the scheme of things, but the blessings for myself and ESPECIALLY for others are eternal. <I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.> Alma 29:9
Glad i dere!!
Have a fantastic week,
Søster Frampton


No comments:

Post a Comment