Tuesday, September 10, 2013

THREE WEEKS


McCall, Donald Kirk and our neighbor Connor Mcgavin
Donald is in our stake and is also, going to Norway.
Connor is going to Cambodia.


Family and Friends,

Can you believe I have been here for three weeks now? It is awesome. The days feel like weeks but the weeks feel like DAYS! I will miss it here for sure when I leave for Norway but I cannot wait to arrive so soon! The language is coming along! I never thought I would be saying that but the gift of tongues is REAL! I pray for help multiple times a day and I definitely am blessed with help. 

My elder companions and I are teaching two "investigators" (they are really our teachers), and we hardly have to stop to think of words to say. Obviously they are super simple lessons but hey, I AM SPEAKING NORSK! 

This week the hardest thing for me to learn was how to tell time! Someone needs to teach those Norsk people the right way to do it. Let me try to explain... First of all, their digital clocks are in military time, and that is how they write it as well. But, they don't tell people the time in military way. So, that is interesting. There is no such thing as hey it's 12:13! They would say it like, "its thirteen minutes past the hour of 12. UM WHAT? But wait, it gets worse. If the minute is in the second quadrant (15-30) you count down to the half of the hour. So let's say it is 12:24. Heaven forbid you just tell the person that it is 12:24. You would say, "Its six minutes until half to 1." This is not a joke people, this is real. I will just stop there to keep you from feeling bad for me/ falling asleep. Just know it is the hardest thing for me to figure out. By the time I do the math to tell the person what time it is, it isn't even the same minute! I'll just hand people my watch to look at themselves if they want to know. 

So, you know how I was determined to beat the mtc female pull-up record? Well, they won't let me kip!!! They think it is cheating..... So there goes that dream. Stupid. Deep down I know that my name belongs on that board though. #crossfitstrong

At our Sunday night devotional, we had brother Heaton come to speak to us. He is head of the administrative department at the MTC. The first thing he did when he got up there was invite his son from the audience to come up and join him. I was like what the heck? Well, to my surprise THE CUTEST (besides Austin) 13 year-old down syndrome boy joins him at the microphone. Brother Heaton asks, "Hey Russell, what do you think of all of these missionaries?" His cute son Russell looks around with THE BIGGEST smile on his face and says, "This is EPIC!" It made everyone smile but it made me cry. Just tears streaming down my face!! I was a little bit embarrassed but it made me miss my best friend so much. I ran up to the front of the room at the end of the meeting and introduced myself. He managed to tell me his favorite sports were soccer and hockey. I loved talking to him. I put out my fist to give him bones and he about broke all four of my fingers. It made me laugh so hard... I am sure he could beat me in an arm wrestle too.

I am so excited to tell you that I was called as zone sister training leader this past week! Our zone is made up of missionaries going to Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, and Denmark so I am in charge of all of the girls in our zone. Since the announcement in October, the first presidency has made sister leaders because of the HUGE jump in sister missionaries. They only called me for our zone because I don't have companions but also because we don't have too many girls. Quick note, they told us that a few months ago in the mtc they had 52% elders and 48% sisters! Anyway, there are district leaders in charge of each classroom and then two zone leaders and I in charge of everyone put together. I feel super blessed that they trust me to be a leader!

Here is your MTC secret for this week. The church/mtc has thought of a really good way to save money, and that is not to hire any custodial workers. Since they have big groups of missionaries have p-days every single day, they require 75 minutes of service on your p-day. Don't get me wrong, service is just great, but I don't know if missionaries quite keep things as clean as professional cleaners would. Yes mom, I would MUCH RATHER weed. This morning we were put in charge of cleaning the showers. Oh yes, they are public showers that probably 40 girls per floor use. One would think that they showers would be clean since that's what they are used for... think again. I cannot tell you how many times I gagged this morning. I have one word for you, HAIR. SO MUCH HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was tempted to just shave my head after cleaning out the drains full of hair balls. 

One more secret is that someone in the cooking staff should be fired this week. I am not one for tator tots, fried french toast sticks, or biscuits and gravy in the mornings. So, I usually get some fruit and hard-boiled eggs. Yesterday I finished peeling the shell of the egg and split it in half. To my surprise it started chirping. Just kidding, but it probably could have. The inside of the egg was still RAW!!! I lost my appetite so fast. I was just grateful that I split it in half first, if I would have just taken a huge bite of it and got that in my mouth.... OH BAD NEWS!

Okay now to the spiritual stuff, I am ALMOST finished reading the Book of Mormon again. Oh man, I love that book so much. I am just starting Moroni so I will be finished today. I hope you all find just a few minutes a day to read. It is the hand book to life and it is literally God's word. I feel so blessed to have a testimony of it and the opportunity to feast from it's words every single day. I love in 3 Nephi went Christ comes to the Americas to bless the people. He takes so much time to heal and visit with every single person. It is such a huge example to me of charity and how we should treat other people. My favorite spiritual quote for the week is, "I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun. Not because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." 

Jeg vet at Jesu Kristi Kirke av Siste Dager Hellige er sannheten. Gud elsker hans barn og vil hjelpe oss føle hans kjærlighet. Hivs vi lese Mormons Bok og be til Gud verdag, Han skall velsigne oss. Jeg elsker Mormons Bok og vet at det kan hjelpe meg med mine problemer. Jeg er så takknemlig for evangelium og min misjon. Jeg er glad i deres! Takk for alt! 

Love you guys! Thank you SO much for the support and the sweet notes of encouragement that I have received. 

xo, 

Søster Frampton







NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment